:: independence

Should I stay or should I go, I wished stayed........firmly in a place where happiness is for ever... I was so happy to hear from my old friend, you are one of the nicest and coolest people I've met in this small world, let me throw up!  I can still imagine you.  months gone by and we are still alive... I try to remember as much as I can.  I am feeling the pangs of reality. Normal reality, that you should have a job, eventually a house family, and all that has to do with money.  Life is truly about capitalism trying to make more and more money but having all these problems.......divorce, terrorism, ...blah...but in every country there are problems, in every person solutions... I am not traveling this summer.  I am broke, yes......if only I had all the money in the world, maybe life would be terrific. I have no fascinating stories to tell you, only news worthy items.  Since Sept 11st, the economy has been hit hard.  People losing jobs with more people trying to look for jobs. (This is me) Here I am completely broke in Barcelona. This is my new adventure, this year a national one. I am now trying to look for a job to make some money. I want to travel again, but can't really go anyway if you can' t even pay for your ticket out of the country.  But I had my fun in Italy, I will go again to another country in ….. then who knows.  I know everything of what you are thinking.

imagen::calber. fragmento de flores, varios proyectos: 1. fotografía_ C/ Verdi, Gracia. 2. Acrílico_ El Figaró
+sobre proyecto flores aquí


:: esta carta fue escrita nada más llegar a Barcelona, una ciudad fantástica. Resulta que ayer, 11 de octubre alrededor de las 7:30 se dieron una serie de confluencias y confusiones:  quizá se declaraba la independencia de Cataluña, el mundo seguía girando, mi sobrina estaba recibiendo su primera clase de inglés, yo viajaba en autobús, un viaje más corto que esos de los que hablo en la carta y la vida seguía siendo terrific. Qué decir que resulte original después de todo lo que se está hablando en estos tiempos sobre cataluña. Cuando me propuse volver a España desde UK, decidí hacerlo vía Barcelona, atraído por su renombre internacional en el campo del diseño. Allí trabajé en un estudio de diseño gráfico y comunicación. En esa etapa coincidí con una serie de artistas multidisciplinares, el grupo “El Figaró”  de donde surgieron numerosas colaboraciones artísticas y humanas que dieron lugar a historias fascinantes. Desde entonces siempre quiero volver a ese lugar, el lugar donde fui feliz, el mismo lugar universal y común que me confunde hoy.