:: Come and Be My Baby

For London Photographic Awards, 5 photographers are invited to respond to the poem “Come and Be My Baby” I had a completely free hand as to how I interpret the poem. I created a montage of four images depicting the whole poem. Calber

Come and Be My Baby

The highway is full of big car
going nowhere fast
And folks is smoking anything that'll burn
Some people wrap their lives around cocktail glass
And you sit wondering
where you're going to turn
I got it.
Come. And be my baby.

Some prophets say the world is gonna end tomorrow
But others say we got a week or two
The paper is full of every kind of blooming horror
And you sit wondering
what you're gonna do
I got it.
Come. And be my baby

by Maya Angelou. 'The Complete Collected Poems of Maya Angelou' Published by Virago Press.

imagen:calber_2001


Léon-Joseph Chavalliaud (1858–1919) was a French sculptor. He created several notable works in France and in England where he lived for 15 years. One of them was a memorial to the actress Mrs Sarah Siddons as the Tragic Muse, in white marble which stands on Paddington Green, London near the churchyard of St Mary's Church where she is buried


Sarah Siddons (1755–1831) was a Welsh-born actress, the best-known tragedienne of the 18th century. She was most famous for her portrayal of the Shakespearean character, Lady Macbeth, a character she made her own. The Sarah Siddons Society continues to present the Sarah Siddons Award in Chicago every year to a prominent actress.